Zubaida Agha was among the first Pakistani modern artists. After graduating from Kinnaird College for Women University, Lahore, she worked with painter B. C. Sanyal from 1944 to 1946. The Society of Fine Arts awarded her first prize for modern painting in 1946. She joined Saint Martin’s School of Art, London in 1950, later moving on to Ecole des Beaux Arts, Paris in 1951. In 1961, she was appointed executive director of the Contemporary Art Gallery in Rawalpindi, Pakistan, receiving the President’s Award for Pride of Performance in 1965. Her work is on permanent display at the National Art Gallery of Pakistan National Council of the Arts in Islamabad to serve as inspiration and to educate the coming generations.